Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 8: Week One Recap

Day 8: Week One Recap

The Coley/O’Connell Project is one week old, and again I remain trout-less. I did, however, go on yet another shopping trip (so much for one trip at the beginning of the week), to get some Riesling wine and a couple other things I’m going to need. I also had my best buy yet: I walked into a local thrift store and walked out five minutes later with an ice-cream maker for $5. Patrick has seven or eight ice-cream and sorbet recipes in the back of the book and I was a little worried about how I was going to make those happen (stores don’t even sell coffee cans anymore). I’m really excited about this find.

Tonight turned into a prep night for tomorrow, when BigKip and the Senator come over for what will hopefully be a good meal. I made the Peach Puree with Virginia Riesling and set that to chill in the fridge. I’ve never made a chilled soup before, but this seems like there’s enough good stuff in it to make it un-screwupable. I also made some of the fillings for the Portobello mushroom main course tomorrow. This is a complicated recipe, but there are several things in it I can prepare and use in other recipes. This means nothing to eat tonight, except some leftover pizza. It’s still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment