Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 1: Puree of Fresh Asparagus Soup with Lemon Cream

Okay, the stage is set.

Knives sharpened, counter tops cleaned, pantry full, and my "King of the Hill" apron in place. My kitchen looks peaceful, unaware that the chicken stock mess and banana bread explosions of last night (Day 0) were merely softening blows preparing it for tonight's culinary warfare.

I have a loaf of banana bread baking just in case this turns into disaster. I know the banana bread will turn out right, my mom taught me years ago...hopefully.

Tonight, we look at a creative solution to asparagus. It's served in a small sipping glass before meals at The Inn at Little Washington and I thought it would be an appropriate dish with which to start this experiment. Also, it tastes really good.

Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment