Thursday, August 5, 2010

BigKip's First Tasting

I brought my asparagus puree to work today in two, two-cup Tupperware (and, of course, one for the lemon cream). I think I must have looked a curious sight in the morning opening the refrigerator I never use and pulling some mysterious green goo out of my bag to put in there, but I didn't care. I was eager for the taste test.

Lunchtime rolled around, and BigKip had conveniently forgotten to make his lunch because of early appointments. As he came out of a long painting session, he smelled my soup heating up and bounded into the kitchen area saying that something smelled really good. We heated up the bowls, BigKip tasted the lemon cream (doubted at first, just as I did), dolloped it on and retired to the ops office.

My puree was really hot, so I let it cool off a bit, turned around, and saw that BigKip had already demolished half his bowl. Somewhere in the middle of it, he asked if there were potatoes in it and commented that the lemon cream really did make it--can you tell that I'm tremendously impressed with Patrick's seemingly odd choices so far?--and then continued to eat.

He decided it was good.

Success tastes sweet (though slightly lemony).

Bring it on, Patrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment